« back to Public Meetings

Bayshore Sanitary District

Minutes

Regular Meeting of May 23, 2013 @ 7 P.M.

Opening of Meeting:

The meeting was called to order at 7:05 P.M.

Roll Call:

Present: Gallagher, Quinteros, Rizzi, Swanbeck, Tonna
Absent: None
Also: Maintenance Director Landi, District Counsel Bakker, District Engineer Yeager and Clerk Landi

Oral and Written Communications:

(Concerning matters not on the Agenda; no action will be taken nor will extended discussion be permitted.)

  1. Communications from members of the public: None
  2. Communications from members of the District Board and Staff: It was noted that residents served by the District received notification from the North San Mateo County Sanitation District that they will be holding a public hearing on a proposed sewer service charge increase.
  3. Acknowledgment of recent correspondence to the District: The Board officers received an invitation to First National Bank's 50th anniversary celebration.

Consent Agenda:

(Any member of the Board or the public can request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda. If there are no objections all items are voted upon by one motion.)

  1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting of April 25, 2013
  2. Payment authorization for bills and compensation
  3. Accept 4/30/13 report on District's current financial status
  4. Accept April, 2013 checking account reconciliation.

A motion was made by Director Quinteros, seconded by Director Swanbeck and passed by voice vote approving the consent items which include payment by check numbers 5611-5622 and Director payroll.

Board Reports:

Consideration of matters relating to:

  1. President Gallagher
    1. LAFCo: No one attended the May meeting.
    2. CSDA – Local Chapter: The next meeting will be in August.
    3. Redevelopment Oversight Board: President Gallagher attended a meeting on April 29th. There may be another meeting to discuss the sale of property(ies) after which, there may not be any scheduled for a while.
  2. Daly City: The President spoke to City Manager Pat Martell regarding a reciprocal agreement between the City and District with regard to project/development inspection services. Ms. Martell will be provided with some informational documents.
    Information is being circulated that Daly City has reopened negotiations with the Cow Palace regarding the upper parking lot. Reportedly this would be a joint development effort between Daly City and Syufy. A possible funding source is housing credits.
  3. Brisbane: President Gallagher attended a meeting on Tuesday; however, no quorum was present. The attendees had a general, open discussion. There isn't much going on at the current time since the CAG is waiting for the EIR to be released.
  4. Maintenance Director – consideration of matters relating to:
    1. Monthly report on District operations and maintenance: Carlyle Station is operating properly. As noted in the monthly flow report, #1 and #2 pumps are logging more hours than #3 or #4; will monitor. If hours increase, the pumps may need new ware rings in the volute.
      A lateral at 380 Oriente Street was replaced via the pipe burst method. The cleanout installation was inspected and found in compliance with District standards. Prior to this replacement, the property had no cleanout.

Staff Reports

  1. District Engineer – consideration of matters relating to:
    1. April meter reading data: The flow data information is consistent.
    2. Saddleback: The Engineer contacted San Francisco to see if they had figured out a method of billing the 27 units we have been manually billing. During the back and forth discussion of this matter, it appears that units who receive their water from Daly City have not been billed for sewer service. Engineer Yeager will suggest that the SF representative meet with the Maintenance Director to review the maps and conduct a field check. The Engineer reviewed some of the questions posed by San Francisco.
    3. Annual Sewer Service Charges: The Engineer has not received water records from San Francisco so this item is continued to the June meeting.
    4. 7-Mile House: There has been correspondence between Brisbane Public Works Director Breault and Engineer Yeager re the garbage enclosure. Mr. Breault agrees with the District's conditions.
    5. Alpine Motel: Recent water records indicate that the Motel is slightly under their entitlement. Their consumption dropped once they made plumbing repairs.
    6. SFPUC CSPL #2: The SFPUC has requested a close out letter for the permit they took out for the pipeline. They have been billed for all the services performed and payment has been received. Per their request, the Engineer will issue a close out letter.
  1. District Counsel – consideration of matters relating to:
    1. Samoan Church capacity entitlement: Counsel said that he had drafted a letter but it needs editing to remove some of the legalese language. He will prepare and send the letter prior to the June meeting.
      Mr. Bakker reported that the District's Code is a compilation of all Ordinances. However, we had not been updating the Code on our website. That has been done and he noted that we need to remember to be sure that it is kept up-to-date.
  2. District Clerk – consideration of matters relating to: No report.
    1. FY 2012-2013 Audit: C. Fechter & Co. has submitted a proposal to perform the audit. The proposal reflects a minor fee increase. A motion was made by Director Swanbeck, seconded by Director Quinteros and approved by voice vote to accept the proposal for audit service.
      A bill for $150 was received from Daly City today. This is the fee for providing water usage data for the purpose of computing annual sewer service charges. A motion was made by Director Swanbeck, seconded by Director Rizzi and passed by voice vote authoring the Clerk to issue a check (#5623).

Old Business:

None.

New Business:

  1. Schedule FY 2013-14 budget workshop
    It was the consensus of the Board to begin the June 27th meeting at 3:30 P.M. The Budget Workshop will be the first item of business. That will be followed by a meal break and then the meeting will be reconvened.
  2. November Special District Election
    Each election year the District is asked to provide a boundary map, list of candidates whose terms are expiring and the length of a candidate statement and whether the District or candidate pays for the statement.
    The consensus of the Board was to continue with the practice of a 200 word statement paid for by the candidate. The Clerk will provide Directors Gallagher and Tonna with any information we receive from the County regarding the filing period, etc.
  3. Reports on other matters: no action will be taken
    None.

Adjournment:

A motion was made by Director Swanbeck, seconded by Director Quinteros and passed to adjourn the meeting at 7:53 P.M. The next meeting is June 27, 2013 at 3:30 P.M.

« back to Public Meetings