« back to Public Meetings

Bayshore Sanitary District

Minutes

Regular Meeting of November 29, 2007

Opening of Meeting:

The meeting was called to order by President Gallagher at 7:09 P.M.

Roll Call:

Present: Gallagher, Quinteros, Rizzi, Swanbeck, Tonna
Absent: None
Staff: Jennifer Faught for District Counsel Bakker, District Engineer Yeager, Maintenance Director Landi and Clerk Landi.

Oral and Written Communications:

  1. Communications from members of the public: None
  2. Communications from members of the District Board and Staff: None
  3. Acknowledgment of recent correspondence to the District: Included in meeting packets.

Consent Items:

(Any member of the Board or the public can request that an item be removed from the consent agenda. If there are no objections all items are voted upon by one motion.)

  1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting of October 25, 2007
  2. Payment authorization for bills and compensation
  3. Accept 10/31/07 monthly report on District’s current financial status
  4. Accept October, 2007 checking account statement reconciliation

The Clerk asked that the Board include approval of its annual pro-rata share of LAFCo fees in the amount of $755. A motion was made by Director Quinteros, seconded by Director Swanbeck and unanimously passed by voice vote to approve the Consent Items which include payments by check numbers 4454-4474 + LAFCo.

Board Reports – consideration of matters relating to:

  1. President Gallagher
    1. LAFCo: Did not have meeting in November. Next meeting is December 19th.
    2. CSDA: No meeting was held.
  2. City of Daly City: The December 3rd will include the rotation of Council officers.
  3. City of Brisbane: Director Gallagher attended last CAG meeting; not much activity. Kinder Morgan has prepared a report on their contamination remediation program.

Staff Reports:

  1. Maintenance Director -- consideration of matters relating to:
    1. Monthly report on District operations and maintenance: The monthly report is self explanatory and was distributed prior to the meeting. The valve replacement project is still a work in progress. Additional CIP video inspection was conducted.
  2. District Engineer – consideration of matters relating to:
    1. PG&E truck washing facility: The SFPUC issued the permit for one year and we have received a copy. Our permit is ready for signature by the President.
    2. SFPUC – rebate calculations: A formal submittal was made on November 5th ; there has been no reply. The Engineer will follow-up with San Francisco prior to the December meeting. The Clerk mentioned that we have made the 4th quarterly 06-07 payment but have not made the first 07-08 payment. During discussion of this matter at the September meeting, the Clerk said that Counsel may have indicated that we hold off making a 07-08 payment pending consideration of our rebate request. The Clerk will check with Counsel.
    3. 2007-2008 Capacity Entitlement Fees: We have not received payment from V&A Automotive. The Engineer was recently contacted and they will make payment within the next 30 days.
    4. El Rancho property development: No update.
    5. Geosyntec – Brisbane landfill: Mr. Yeager received the San Francisco permit and the final plans and has prepared the District permit for signature. The existing landfill has some leachate which is seeping into the Guadalupe lagoon. The plan is to capture the leachate and pump it into the District manhole where the force main converts into the gravity line. Their estimate is 20-30 gallons per minute. There will be metering necessary as well as inspections during the construction. San Francisco issued their permit for only one year.
    6. 2007-08 CIP: There is one additional project identified during the video inspection. That is replacement of the manhole at Geneva and Accacia as well as some of the sewer lines entering into that manhole. So all of the components of the project have been identified. There is still one lateral in question on the 900 block of Schwerin Street. The plans and specs will be completed and should go out to bid before the next meeting.
  3. District Counsel – consideration of matters relating to:
    1. Lateral inspection policy for properties changing ownership: Additional research has been done regarding the time involved in enforcement. A permit is usually triggered upon change of ownership and can also be triggered by remodels exceeding a certain dollar amount or adding a certain number of fixtures. Berkeley has at least one full time employee, while Stege SD spends about a half day a week; in Burlingame lateral inspection is on the disclosure documents. Ms. Faught mentioned the various real estate organizations that have been made aware of the requirements and there seems to be compliance. A lien procedure as suggested at prior meetings would be time consuming. A policy shouldn’t be too time consuming. President Gallagher suggested contacting Brisbane and Daly City to determine if they are pursuing a similar program, or if they are even interested in such a program. Some other entities do not maintain laterals from the cleanout to the main; Daly City and Burlingame. Directors will read literature provided and discuss this item at the next meeting.
    2. Santa Fe Pacific Pipeline – sewer connection for tenant building (Brisbane Corporation Yard): The letter was sent yesterday requesting the Corporation Yard be connected to the District’s system. Our communications with Brisbane were included with the letter. Ms. Faught will send a copy of the letter to Brisbane’s counsel.
    3. Tolling agreement with City & County of San Francisco regarding overcharges due to inaccurate metering at pump station: No report.
  4. District Clerk – consideration of matters relating to:
    1. Website information: The questionnaire from Sparklejet was completed and submitted. Ms. Faught reported that an email reply was received today advising that Matt Jalbert will get back to us with a proposal.

Closed Session:

  1. Anticipated litigation: Initiation of litigation pursuant to subdivision(c) of Section 54956.9 (1 potential case)

    The Closed Session began at 7:39 P.M. and ended at 7:44 P.M. No action was taken.

Old Business:

  1. Municipal Review: No update.

New Business:

  1. Reports on other matters: no action will be taken The draft audit which would include recently made adjusting journal entries has not been received. The Clerk with check with Vavrinek, Trine & Day. Brief discussion of possible CASA mid year meeting. The President said that the mid year meeting topics tend to be aimed toward managers and technical personnel. President Gallagher reviewed some of the topics advertised for the January CASA meeting and asked that this item be placed on the December agenda.

Adjournment:

A motion was made by Director Quinteros, seconded by Director Swanbeck and passed to adjourn the meeting at 7:56 P.M.   The next meeting is December 27th. 

« back to Public Meetings